Maribel Maldonado-Garcia was born in Valle de Santiago, GTO, Mexico. She received her BS in Electrical Engineering from University of Guanajuato in 2005. She obtain her MS in Materials Science at the Advance Research Center CINVESTAV, Qro, Mexico in 2007. She is a current PhD student in the department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Texas at Dallas, under supervision of Dr. Siavash Pourkamali and co-supervising of Dr. Bruce Gnade. Her research is related to thermoelectric microdevices applications. She was a Holder of a scholarship from the II-VI Foundation grant for the project thermoelectric power generation 2010-2013. In the Fall 2012 Materials Research Society meeting she was awarded for best student poster presentation on the thin film thermoelectric session.
- M. Maldonado-Garcia, J.C. Wilson, S. Pourkamali, “Horizontal Chip-Scale Cascade Impactor with Integrated Resonant Mass Balances”, IEEE MEMS 2016.
- M. Maldonado-Garcia, V. Kumar, J.C. Wilson and S. Pourkamali, “Miniaturized two stage aerosol impactor with chip-scale stages for airborne particulate size separation”, IEEE Sensors 2015.
- M. Maldonado Garcia, E. Mehdizadeh, V. Kumar, J.C Wilson and S. Pourkamali, “Chip Scale Aerosol Impactor With Integrated Resonant Mass Balances For Real Time Monitoring of Airborne Particulate Concentrations”, IEEE MEMS 2015.
- Hengji Zhang, Ka Xiong, Maribel Maldonado-Garcia, Tao Zheng, Kyeongjae Cho, Bruce Gnade, “Effects of Intrinsic Defects on the Thermoelectric Properties of Mg2Si: A Theoretical Study, Materials Research Society, San Francisco California, April 2013.
- Maribel Maldonado-Garcia, Tao Zheng, Ka Xiong, Heng Ji Zhang and Bruce Gnade. Sputtering deposition of Mg2Si thin films. Materials Research Society, Boston Massachusetts, November 2012.
- M. Maldonado-Garcia, F.S. Aguirre, M.A. Quevedo, H.N. Alshareef, J.Srinivas, A.Herrera and B.E. Gnade.The Chemical depth profile of the Pentacene/Au and Pentacene/TaN films. International Research Congress, VI Congress of NACE International. Cancún-Yucatan, Mexico. October 2007.